Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Recone 3156 to 3154?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member taskvig's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2009
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Recone 3156 to 3154?

    Is it possible to recone a 3156 to 3154?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Recone 3156 to 3154?

    Quote Originally Posted by taskvig View Post
    Is it possible to recone a 3156 to 3154?
    Hi,

    Best thing you could do is call Bill at GPA and get right answer from him.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Recone 3156 to 3154?

    Yep, call Bill.

    I think it's pretty unlikely given the gross difference in Xmax. You could probably go the other way, albeit at a sensitivity loss. That's assuming a different top plate thickness.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member taskvig's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2009
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Recone 3156 to 3154?

    A litle update here to answer my own question, according to Bill it's not possible to recone the 3156 to 3154 The good news is that I found a pair of used 3154 so I can use them instead

  5. #5
    Inactive Member taskvig's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2009
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Recone 3156 to 3154?

    I got the pair of 3154 but as I guessed the surround is not in very good condition I got a pair of surround kits with the woofer, but they dont' look like the original ones.

    Do anyone know where I can find surrounds for 3154 or recone kits? I've already e-mailed GPA about reconce kits but haven't got any answers yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.